Hearing Loss Signs & Symptoms
Call Northeast to schedule a FREE HEARING SCREENING!
The signs and symptoms of hearing loss differ from person to person and between children and adults. If you believe you or someone you love is suffering from hearing loss, learn more about the signs and symptoms below.
In adults, signs of hearing loss include:
- Buzzing or ringing in the ears
- Failure to respond to spoken words
- Muffled hearing
- Constant frustration hearing speech and other sounds
- Avoiding conversation
- Social isolation
In children, parents should watch for the following signs of hearing loss:
- Lack of attention to sounds
- Failure to follow simple directions
- Failure to respond when his/her name is called
- Delays in speech and language development
- Pulling or scratching at his/her ears
- Difficulty achieving academically, especially in reading and math
- Social isolation and feeling unhappy in school
- Persistent ear discomfort after exposure to loud noise (regular and constant listening to electronics at high volumes)
If you or a loved one are suffering from hearing loss, help is right around the corner. Contact us today!
Back To Top